Shapewear gets anyone red carpet ready
I’ve been thinking about the Oscars – all those women on the red carpet in clinging, shape-hugging fashions. You can’t tell me that just because a woman is on the silver screen that she doesn’t have cellulite lurking somewhere.
The amount of money invested in shapewear before the grand night must be immense.
It’s not just for plus-size women either. Body shapers of all kinds are hot items, and you can find something for your shape and size – in a range of brands and price points.
Here’s a few interesting pieces that might just help you look your best, regardless of what special event you have to attend.
- Wear your favorite form-fitting dress and never reveal your choice of underwear with the Flexees Weightless Power Chemise. The Chemise will create a smooth silhouette from shoulder to thighs for less money than a high-end bra.
- Spanx makes a camisole that will do more for you than just line a sheer outfit. Spanx Camis come in a large variety of styles, from strapless to lace-trimmed and even with an underwire bra built in. The extra benefits include tummy compression which starts below the bust and continues to the hem, which will neatly tuck into your pants or skirt. Given that its bra and waist control in one, the prices are very reasonable.
- Perhaps you want to look more like Jennifer Lopez – at least, from the back. If so, Naomi & Nicole Rear Padded Briefs could be for you. Not only do they make the most of what you have, they smooth out your hips for an extra bit of control. They are a bit pricey for panties, but they are delivering more than a pair of cotton undies from Jockey.
- Of course, some of us need more control up top than down below. I’ve written before about the Spanx Bra-llelujah, which makes use of the famous Spanx garment technology, and applies it to the bra. This bra melts away under almost anything. If you aren’t used to higher prices for your bra, you might be surprised at the price tag on this one. However, if you are willing to pay, say good-bye to visible bra lines!
- Here’s something for anyone who hates underarm jiggle: the Maidenform Arm Slimming Camisole. Don’t let your arms keep waving even after your hand has stopped. This is very inexpensive for a garment that covers your whole torso.
- The Shapeez Unbelievabra takes over where the old long-line bra leaves off, but without the discomfort. This is a camisole combined with a bra, that promises an end to the dreaded back fat, while smoothing you out from shoulder to hip. Get ready for sticker shock when you look at this one – but if you’ve got an amazing outfit to wear, investing in what you wear under it is well worth it.
- Last, but not least, if you are looking for full body smoothing, consider Yummie Tummie. Given the new trend of bra tops, the Yummie Tummie product line could be the solution for those of us who aren’t quite ready to show skin, but like the fashion! Yummie Tummie products are either a slip or a camisole, all designed to slim your waist and make your curves look gorgeous! Their pieces even come with their own built in bling, to peek past clothes. This is shapewear that is proud of itself and wants to be seen – but doesn’t advertise what it is.
My personal favorites are the Flexees brand and Yummie Tummie. I may just try out the bra top fashion trend this year – as long as I’m wearing a Yummie Tummie!